Thursday, October 9, 2008

Joaquin's 1st TOOTH!


It's there...I swear! Okay, maybe you can't see it in this picture, but it is definitely there (the bottom right/middle tooth). Not only have I seen it, but oh yes...I've felt it! Joaquin has been cutting this tooth for over a week now, but over the weekend I was bit while nursing. There should be an acronym...BWN! Oh, this wasn't pleasant. I've been doing what the books and friends say about this. You're suppose to unlatch baby while nursing if he bites you, and say in a firm voice, "Joaquin, no...don't bite me." Once he gets the picture, he can continue with nursing, but if it happens again...repeat the whole unlatch/scolding process. :) Yeah, the 1st time I really tried it. Well, I hurt his feelings. TOO firm of a voice. :( I ended up apologizing. :)

2 comments:

Daisy @ Our Growing Family said...

did you cry as you apologized, too? never fun to hurt the babe's feelings, i know! :(

i'm not getting bitten, but aiden is now starting to stop halfway into nursing to smile and talk (in other words - play!). i try to discourage - but then he's too cute, and i can't help but smile! i'm sure i won't be smiling if i get bitten, though. maybe that will be easier to discourage...

Daisy @ Our Growing Family said...

oh - and congrats to him on the tooth!!! i hope the teething wasn't too hard on him (or you through him!).