Friday, November 7, 2008

CHANGE...


Two days after the 2008 Presidential Election, I spoke with a co-worker and friend regarding our new President-elect Barack Obama. My friend, a self-reported conservative, expressed happiness for blacks and others really regarding this monumental change in our country. I was pleased that she was able to express this excitement although she supported the McCain/Palin ticket. It's great to know that she doesn't carry sore thoughts or feelings regarding the outcome. Why you ask? We both were surprised by the overwhelming numbers and votes that Barack Obama received during this election. Secretly, my hope was that if he won, that it would be by some wopping number of votes...and it was! I'm ecstatic by the turnout and the outcome. I'm confident and hopeful for the future.

No comments: