Thursday, July 31, 2008

"What are those?," Joaquin asks in absolute uncertainty.


He's not quite sure what those little digits are that I keep calling his toes and dedos de pie. I'm trying to introduce some Spanish here and there. But, finalmente it happened. Another one of Joaquin's milestones has come. Like always, mama and I were talking to one another with Joaqua-Joaqua laying down on the sofa between us. We looked down, and there he was...those little fat feet gripped in his little fat hands. His toes were inches from his drooly lips. Out of frustration he threw his feet back down when he couldn't quite get that big toe in his mouth! :) Yeah, it these things that make me so happy these days, and I can't believe that it's those things that are so significant. I can spend precious minutes watching him get closer and closer to sweet satisfaction...Joaqua getting to suck on his toes. He's not quite sure why, but his toes like everything else now goes right into his mouth.

2 comments:

Daisy @ Our Growing Family said...

Adorable! And what a milestone!! Yay for him!! :)

And that's great that you're speaking some Spanish, too! :)

Krista said...

Loving your writing Patsy, you are a natural at journaling...We might get you into scrapbooking yet. :)
I miss you. I hope we can talk on the phone soon, but I am so glad I can keep in touch with you here...Kisses to you and Joaquin!!
Love, Krista